Last updated: March 14, 2017 - 5:18pm
As the snow continues to fall, closures have continued to trickle in:
• The Bloomsburg Y has closed for the day.
• Bloomsburg Carpet has now shut down for the day, and will reopen at 7 a.m. Wednesday.
Many other organizations announced their closures last night. Here's that list:
Snow day for students
Even though it’s spring break and the students are away, Bloomsburg University closed Monday night, with plans to reopen Wednesday at noon, an official said.
Most employees will have the day off, while maintenance crews work on snow removal. Employees and essential personnel will be dismissed at 10 p.m. Monday, with exception of BUPD and steam plant staff.
Workers who are on the snow response team will report to campus by 2 a.m. on Tuesday to begin snow removal for the duration of the storm.
By 6 p.m. Monday, all public schools in the area had declared a snow day on Tuesday.
Classes are also canceled for:
• Columbia County Christian School and Learning Center
• Columbia Child Development Program
• Danville Child Development Center
• And the Danville Area School District’s school board meeting scheduled for Tuesday has been moved to Thursday to be held in the Community Room of the Danville Elementary School. A project committee meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m., followed by an executive session at 6 and the regular meeting to follow at 7.
Some Commonwealth Health facilities will be closed on Tuesday, although the Berwick Hospital Center will operate with normal services during the duration of the storm.
In Berwick, all outpatient sites and Berwick Medical Professionals physician offices will be closed.
In Luzerne County, all outpatient sites, physician locations at InterMountain Medical Group, Commonwealth Health Physicians Network, and Community Counseling Services and CHOICES outpatient clinic will be closed.
• Bloomsburg Veterinary Hospital will be closed on Tuesday.
For small animal emergencies during the storm, contact the Northeast Veterinary Referral Hospital, 570-208-8877.
Farm animal emergency calls should go to 570-784-6737.
Courts and municipalities
Both the Columbia and Montour courthouses are closed for business Tuesday, while workers through emergency services will remain on the clock.
Essential personnel at the EMA, 911, Prison and Maintenance departments must report as instructed by their supervisor.
• Bloomsburg Town Hall plans to remain open with a skeleton crew Tuesday, but will shut down if the governor declares a state of emergency.
• The Town of Bloomsburg is canceling the curbside recycling collection in Area 5, scheduled for Tuesday. The next pickup time for the southeastern section of town is slated for Tuesday, March 28.
• The Montour County Salary Board meeting scheduled for Tuesday has been rescheduled for 10:45 a.m. Tuesday, March 28, in the commissioners’ meeting room in the Montour County Courthouse.
• The Montour County Board of Commissioners meeting scheduled for Tuesday has also been canceled. The board will reconvene Tuesday, March 28, at 11 a.m. in the commissioners’ meeting room in the Montour County Courthouse.
• A Salem Township meeting on the hog ordinance slated for Tuesday has been rescheduled for March 21 at 6 p.m.
• Briar Creek Township has issued a snow emergency that will impact parking in the township.
The parking ban takes effect at 6 a.m. Tuesday and continues through noon Wednesday, restricting both sides of the street for snow removal.
• The Berwick Area YMCA will be closed and all classes and meetings are canceled, reopening to resume a normal schedule on Wednesday at 5 a.m.
• Columbia – Montour County senior centers and Meals on Wheels will shutdown for the storm Tuesday.
• Big Heart Pet Brands is shutting down after second shift on Monday, then restarting work on first shift Wednesday.
• The PA Career Link office in Bloomsburg will also be closed for business, the radio station reported.
• Bloomsburg Food Cupboard will close for the storm Tuesday.
• Wagging Tail Doggie Day Care is closed for the storm.