House fire erupts in Danville

Last updated: January 16, 2014 - 6:03pm


Firefighters battle a blaze at 109 Spruce St. in Danville Thursday. (Press Enterprise/Julye Wemple)
DANVILLE — Old knob-and-tube wiring is to blame for a Danville fire that destroyed a woman’s home and killed her two cats, fire officials say....

Last Updated: July 26, 2015 - 4:14pm

By SUSAN SCHWARTZ

Press Enterprise Writer

BERWICK — Four adults and five children were chased from a home here Sunday morning after fire ripped through their double house...

READ MORE »

Last Updated: July 23, 2015 - 8:45pm

SCOTT TWP.— Police caught two Berwick men inside the old Giant Food Store early Thursday morning, on the hunt for copper pipes and wire, they say.

Officers from a half-dozen...

READ MORE »

Last Updated: July 23, 2015 - 3:43pm

SCOTT TWP. — A speeding driver headed out of town plowed into an auto repair shop with such force, the car tore a hole in the corner of the building, showering cinder blocks onto the...

READ MORE »