Ping-pong ball starts Main Street fire, students say

Last updated: October 11, 2013 - 6:25pm


A fire-damaged mattress and box spring sit behind the old Hotel Magee – now home to student housing – on Friday afternoon. (Press Enterprise/M.J. Mahon)
BLOOMSBURG — A mattress and box spring fire in the old Hotel Magee on Friday afternoon started when a man attempting to get a dent out of a beer pong...

Last Updated: December 1, 2016 - 8:58pm

SOUTH CENTRE TWP. — A driver headed toward Berwick on Old Berwick Road slid his car underneath a turning tractor trailer on Thursday evening, peeling the top from his Ford Focus but...

READ MORE »

Last Updated: November 30, 2016 - 4:46pm

DANVILLE — After it received reports that a football coach was participating in prayer circles and organizing the singing of a hymn, a national group that promotes separation of church...

READ MORE »

Last Updated: November 29, 2016 - 4:37pm

VALLEY TWP. — The owner of the former Rudy’s Mart is getting sued for $37,911 by a furniture manufacturer, weeks after authorities accused the business of stiffing customers.

The...

READ MORE »