Last updated: January 21, 2014 - 10:12am
A storm is shutting schools down early today, as forecasters expect between 2-4 inches of snow to fall in our area through evening hours.
All week, meteorologists have been trying to pinpoint when this storm will hit, how much snow it will dump and when, said Elyse Colbert, National Weather Service meteorologist. "With this system there's been a lot of disagreement between the different models," she said.
But it now appears snow will fall through evening, Colbert said. "The evening rush hour is going to be a lot worse than this morning's."
Here's a list of area early dismissals, compiled from whlmam.com and wnep.com:
• Benton Area - Noon
• Berwick Area - secondary 11:30 p.m., elementary 12:15 p.m.
• Bloomsburg Area - secondary noon, elementary 1 p.m.
• Central Columbia - middle school and high school noon, elementary 1 p.m.
• Danville Area - dismissal three hours early
• Millville Area - elementary 12:20 p.m., high school 12:30 p.m.
• Southern Columbia - 10:30 a.m.
• St. Columba Bloomsburg - Pickup 12:15 p.m., no PM session
• St. Joseph's Danville - 11:30 a.m.
• Warrior Run - elementary 12:45 p.m., middle and high school 1 p.m.
A visit to the area to talk about health care for volunteer firefighters by Sen. Pat Toomey and Rep. Lou Barletta has also been postponed, said Bloomsburg Fire Chief Bob Rupp.