First pot-related death since legalization reported in Colo.
Posted: April 2, 2014 - 12:58pm

DENVER (AP) — The Denver coroner says an exchange student from Wyoming fell to his death after eating a marijuana cookie, the first reported death linked to marijuana since the drug became legal for recreational use in Colorado in January.

Nineteen-year-old Levy Thamba died after falling from the balcony of a Denver hotel on March 11. An autopsy report released Wednesday says he died from the fall but also lists "marijuana intoxication" as a contributing factor in his death.

Officials at Northwest College in Powell, Wyo., say Thamba, a native of the Republic of Congo, started taking classes there as an exchange student in January.

Police have not released the findings of their investigation.

The Latest

Breaking NewsGood Samaritan finds great-grandchildren in crash

UPDATED 4:56pm - BRIAR CREEK TWP. — A woman who rushed out of a store to help...

Front PageNewspaper driver dies

Berwick motorist’s wreck puzzles Bloomsburg officer

Front PageTaxes to pay for July 4 display

Bloom officials: Without sponsors, future of fireworks tradition in doubt

Front PageMontour officials look at travel spending

Concerned with travel expenses, Montour County commissioners want to...

Front PageColumbia officials are leaning toward nixing Happy Valley Bridge

The Columbia County Commissioners faced a room full of frustrated...