Fire burns house

Last updated: October 25, 2013 - 3:17pm


Brian Nevel, right, watches as his son Carter, 3, exchanges a high-five with Jonathan Shannon, a volunteer with Espy Fire Co., while Cody Fronk, another volunteer, looks on. The firefighters had just finished dousing a blaze on Third Street in Mifflinville. Carter, who lives across the street, put on his firefighter's costume and came over to help. (Press Enterprise/Susan Schwartz)
MIFFLINVILLE — A fire broke out in an East Third Street home while the homeowner was eating at McDonald's, neighbors said. The fire broke out...

Last Updated: April 27, 2016 - 6:31pm

BUCKHORN – The Hallmark store at the Columbia Mall will close by June, its manager says.

A liquidation sale to clear out its inventory and fixtures begins Thursday, said manager...

READ MORE »

Last Updated: April 26, 2016 - 3:30pm

MAHONING TWP. – It appears smoke from worker welding on the outside of Geisinger Medical Center's Foss Clinic building entered the sixth floor Tuesday and set off a fire alarm, fire...

READ MORE »

Last Updated: April 24, 2016 - 8:20pm

MONTOUR TWP. — A bicyclist suffered serious injuries when an 89-year-old woman’s car struck him from behind Sunday afternoon, police said.

Lance Hemmen, 50,...

READ MORE »