Last updated: May 6, 2020 - 10:46am
DANVILLE — The state liquor store at 144 Continental Boulevard here is one of 77 that the state plans to open to in-person sales starting Friday.
All are located in counties — like Montour County — that Gov. Tom Wolf recently moved to the "yellow" phase of reopening.
Prior to opening to the public, each location was professionally sanitized, according to a press release, and Plexiglas was installed at registers to provide a physical barrier between employees and customers at checkout. All Fine Wine & Good Spirits employees are being provided masks, gloves and frequent opportunities to wash hands.
The following mitigation efforts will be in place as these stores resume limited in-store public access:
• Stores will limit the number of customers in a store at any time, allowing no more than 25 people (employees and customers) in any location and further restricting numbers of customers in smaller stores.
• The first hour each store is open each day will be reserved for customers at high risk for COVID-19, including those 65 years of age and older. Voluntary compliance from all customers is encouraged in the interest of protecting the health and safety of our most vulnerable community members.
• Customers and employees will be required to wear masks and practice social distancing, guided by signage throughout the stores.
• Signage will also direct customers to follow one-way patterns to avoid cross-traffic and encourage them to refrain from touching products unless they intend to buy them.
• Store employees will perform enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfecting, and store hours will be modified to ensure appropriate time for cleaning and restocking.
• All sales are final, and no returns will be accepted until further notice.
Other stores opening in the area include Fine Wine and Good Spirits stores at the following locations:
• Muncy, 1274 E. Penn St., Muncy, PA 17756
• Mount Carmel, 136 S. Oak St., Mount Carmel, PA 17851
• Milton, Weis Market Shopping Center 551 Mahoning St., Milton, PA 17847
• Coal Township, The Plaza at Coal Township, 9345 Route 61, Coal Township, PA 17866
To get a complete list, see https://www.lcb.pa.gov/Consumers/Documents/Store_List_Open_Yellow.pdf
The LCB has also been taking orders at www.finewinesandgoodspirits.com. According to the PLCB, the state has sold $13.5 million worth of wine and liquor online from April 1 to May 5, compared to $5 million in the entire year from July 2018 to June 2019.